- parents: get out of bed, why are u so lazy?!
- parents: u need to get more sleep u look really tired
can we please understand that “depressed” is an actual emotion as well as a mental disorder
just because you say you feel depressed one day doesn’t mean you’re claiming to have depression and it’s an actual emotion and if you say “i’m feeling depressed today” is absolutely okay because it is in fact a mood and a clinical disorder
This post? This is a very important post.
Tagged by needamunchkin
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. Tag at least 10 followers.
- Name: Hoda
- Nickname: none
- Birthday: November 12th, 1995
- Gender: Female
- Sexuality: Straight
- Height: 160 cm i think
- Time zone: GMT + 2 (now it’s GMT + 3 cause idk where common sense is in this country, -it has to do with electricity consumption like lol what how why? )
- What time and date is it there: 1/9/2014, 10:00 pm
- Average hours of sleep: 8-9 hours
- OTPs: Levi and Mikasa
- The last thing I Googled was: Feminism, wanted to get someone a wiki definition.
- First word that comes to mind: physics (now that’s weird)
- What I last said to a family member: favourite songs of Cairokee
- One place that makes me happy and why: none in particular, high places in general, because they’re usually deserted.
- How many blankets I sleep under: 1
- Favorite beverage: pomegranate juice
- The last movie i watched in the cinema was: Live. Die. Repeat
- Three things I can’t live without: oxygen, food, water
- Something I plan on learning: German.
- A piece of advice for all my followers: Don’t, if you don’t want to.
- My blog/s: hmm my dashboard is really educational. Tumblr has somehow made me more open minded.
- You have to listen to this song: The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana
The bookstore in my town has a racism section in honor of Ferguson and it gives me a lot of hope
Just because you do it
doesn’t mean you always will.
Whether you’re dancing dust
or breathing light
you’re never exactly the same,
'what is now will soon be past'
Yrsa Daley-Ward, ‘bone.’
now available at amazon.com
id like think im an alternative badass girl who doesn’t give a shit and doesnt live by societys rules, but in reality i do all my homework and never back talk teachers and i say “please” and “thank you” and “sorry” way too much.
this post is making me rethink my life why
Hermione Granger did all of those things and was still a total badass
Why? I watched a father very firmly tell his little boy “No, you can’t have that Rapunzel dress.” The boy was near tears until his dad continued, “That one’s way too small. Let’s find your size.”
Eventually, the little boy decided against the dress and, with his dad’s blessing, picked out a tiara instead, because “it’s better for everyday.”
Parenting: this guy’s doing it right.
1. ”I’m really sleepy.”
2. “I just don’t have time for a social life”
3. ”I’m not feeling so great”
4.”I have a serious medical condition that prevents me from leaving the house.”
5. “I have amnesia”
6. “I don’t have long to live.”
7. “I suffered a fatal accident.”
8. When all else fails …
OR 9. ” I prefer to stay home and read a book”
Before you “share” your good news, consider this:
You know that feeling when something amazing happens to you and you can’t wait to share it with the world? Learn to wait. Here’s why:
1. When any good news came to the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa salam) or if a calamity had been averted, he would immediately fall in prostration (sajdatul shukr) and thank Allah for it. This is a beautiful sunnah that should be practiced all the time and not just for major occasions like graduations, new homes, etc.
2. Take a few moments to really deeply say al hamdulila from the depths of your heart. That will be a form of maintaining that blessing as Allah will see your sincere gratitude.
3. Some of the scholars say that one of the reasons Allah did not allow Zakariyya (alayhis salam) to speak for 3 days except for words of praise was to bestow a greater appreciation of the blessing upon him. Al Baghawi (ra) said that is because sometimes when you speak about your blessings to others immediately, you lose yourself in your excitement.
So from now on when something good happens to you, hold off on the phone call, text, email, or status. Say takbeer, go into prostration, say subhana rabbi al a’ala the way you do in your prostration in prayer, AND add a personal note of dua and thanks to Allah from the depths of your heart before you rise.
Sh. Omar Suleiman (via beautifulsabr)